20 Things to do when its raining out..
1. Make paper airplanes and fly them across the room.
2. Have your own film festival. Pick a theme and rent several action movies, or sci fi movies, or movies with the same actor in them.
3. Go to a museum or an aquarium
4. Do crossword puzzles – even make your own puzzles!
5. Try sudoku puzzles, fun for the whole family.
6. Play Scrabble, Monopoly or Candyland or another board game.
7. Bake cookies and give some to your family or friends.
8. Tell family stories and take the time to learn about family history.
9. Call someone you care about for a talk.
10. Make tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.
11. Make shadow puppets with your hands and a flashlight on the wall.
12. Make mandalas.
13. Make paper bag puppets with lunch bags.
14. Teach the children how to say hello and goodbye in a foreign language.
15. Teach mom how to play the video game all the kids are playing.
16. Get pizza delivered for lunch and eat it picnic style on the floor.
17. Draw pictures to send to the grandparents and other relatives. Sit down and write actual letters to everyone.
18. Go to the library and have everyone get a book they like. Take turns reading out loud from your books reading to each other.
19. Watch the Discovery channel and learn about animals and nature.
20. Write a funny story together, everyone writing one sentence until you get to “The End”.
OHHH and i want to share this AWESOME recipe for a mini appetizer. Its SO good, and my cousin makes it all the time for family get togethers!
1/2 pound cooked ham, thinly sliced
1/2 pound Genoa salami, thinly sliced
1 pound processed American cheese, sliced
2 cups mayonnaise
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 onion, chopped
1/2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
2 tomatoes, diced
12 hoagie rolls, torn into pieces for dipping
-Tear the ham, salami and American cheese into small pieces. Place in a large bowl.
-In a medium bowl, blend the mayonnaise and oregano. Mix the mayonnaise mixture into the ham mixture 1/2 cup at a time, until meats and cheese are well coated. Mix in the onion.
-Before serving, mix in the lettuce and tomatoes. Serve with the hoagie roll pieces for dipping.
Have a great night everyone<3