Monday, March 10, 2008

FEATURE #2- CURLYQ CUTIES

Tonights feature is all about:



When did you first get introduced to your hobby?
I have been sewing for almost 10 years. I started out making traditional quilts and then evolved into making art quilts. I started making fabric toys about 5 years ago and then moved onto making plush monsters which I LOVE doing!

How long have you been on Etsy?
I'm relatively new to Etsy. I signed up on January 1, 2008 and listed my first item on January 8, 2008.

What has Etsy done for you as a crafter?
Etsy has made it easier for me to get myself out there to the public. I've had sales as far away as Taiwan and Germany. It's very exciting!

Describe your work space.
I have a spare room in my house that is a dedicated sewing studio. I can create, sew and experiment to my heart's content and not worry about the mess or clean up. I can close the door and no one is the wiser to the madness that took place in there. My room has 5 work tables. Two work tables are used as my shipping area which holds all my shipping supplies, one table that is used for cutting, and two tables that are in a L-shape configuration that holds my sewing machine and provides workspace for my patterns and miscellaneous needs. My ironing board is open and set up in the room as well. My work space is my own little haven. I can disappear in there for hours.
How do you promote your shop and items (online and off)?
I promote online by posting profiles on indiepublic, we love etsy, squidoo, talent database, flickr, to name a few. Offline, it's been word of mouth.

What else do you want people to know about you? It can be ANYTHING
I love what I do and I hope that comes through to people looking at my work. It gives me great pleasure when I get positive feedback that my monsters are loved.

NEEDLESS TO SAY I THINK SHE HAS A WONDERFUL SHOP, AND I LOVE HER MONSTERS :] AS DO SO MANY OTHER PEOPLE! TO VISIT HER SHOP CLICK HERE.


Until Next time,
Ally.

No comments: