Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Feature # 3- CrazyGirlBoutique

Tonight we are featuring a lovely etsyian...whose shop name is...

When did you first get introduced to your hobby?
Two years ago I started a business with my friend and neighbor. Although I loved being a part of the business I realized ultimately it was not what I wanted to do. I stepped back from that business last year but realized I needed something in my life besides being a wife and SAHM to 4 kids. I have always loved creating, whether it was decorating my house or making things for myself or gifts for others. So I started making hair accessories and bottle cap necklaces for my daughter and sold many of these to friends and neighbors. It was then that I decided that I could sell these. I have sold many of these at craft fairs, but the time and dedication involved with craft fairs was not something that I have. That is when I discovered Etsy! What I make and sell has evolved over time and I love everything I currently make and hope to add more!

How long have you been on Etsy?
I have been selling on Etsy since December of 2007. I am really excited that there is a venue for crafters and artists to display and sell their hard work. I also love that Etsy has the forums to ask questions, get answers and to chat with others who are also doing what they love. I have gotten some great feedback that has encouraged me to continue what I love. I have also asked for and received critiques that have helped me to make improvements to have a better product! Where else can you get all of this?

What has Etsy done for you as a crafter?
Etsy has given me a place to showcase what I make. Before I found Etsy I thought the only way to have a place to sell was to do craft fairs or create a website. I found that the time and cost involved with creating and maintaining a website would not have been cost effective and it would have made it very difficult to dedicate the time to my crafting.
Describe your work space.
I am lucky to have a room dedicated to crafting in my home. It is an absolute disaster at all times but I have gotten used to my organized mess!

How do you promote your shop and items (online and off)?
I am in the Etsy forums a lot and have gotten many sales this way. I think the forums are a great place to showcase your shop and also get advice, critiques and tons of helpful information. I have also done craft fairs in the past which have been very successful. I have done a few at home shows with other local crafters and artist. I also do 2 local craft fairs a year, one is at our hometown Fall Fest the other is at Christmas at one of our local elementary schools. I have sent out emails with my shop info to friends and family and have started putting fliers in stores that offer a board for advertising.

What else do you want people to know about you? It can be ANYTHING
I have 4 beautiful kids, 3 boys (ages 12, 8 and 3) and 1 daughter (age 3) and a wonderful husband!. Having a daughter has been more fun then I ever imagined it would be. She is so girly yet can keep up with her 3 brothers. I also have 3 crazy dogs, 1 fish and 2 frogs. I have been very blessed to have an amazing family and great friends who have encouraged me every step of the way!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I just think her shop is so great, she has a variety of wonderful items...literally something for everyone. You can really tell she loves to be on etsy and create! It was more than a pleasure to feature her on my blog :] I hope that you all go check out her shop and her AWESOME business card notebooks! How cool are they!? Perfect for bringing to a craft show with you!!! To visit her shop, click on any of the photos above!! Thank you again CrazyGirlBoutique- great shop!
Until next time,
Ally

7 comments:

CrazyGirlBoutique said...

Thank You! Knowing that others like what you create makes it all worthwhile!

Dulce said...

Very nice blog.

Sherry said...

You've got a great blog and you are more than welcome to link mine. Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

Vinyl Rocks My World said...

What an awesome blog! I love that you feature sellers! What a great idea!

DECA Candle and Bath said...

Very cool.

I love reading these.

Anonymous said...

Great interview! I love featuring artists, I've learned so much and gotten to know some very nice people. I'm doing a Spring Showcase Etsy Artist series running through April, please stop by.

Wonderfully Sew Knit said...

Great interview! I seeing a feature...I just did my first one today.