Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Feature #4- Natamon

Ok, are you ready for this? This isnt someone you would expect to see posted/featured on my blog, but i was really intrigued by this person, and the art they create. Definetly worth your time to look at their shop!!! Here we go...introducing.....

1) When did you first get introduced to your hobby?
When I was old enough to hold a crayon! Though it truly developed into my passionate life's work, and a fun hobby all mixed in together I suppose.

2) How long have you been on Etsy?
Since 2005-a long time for a Etsier. At first, I was moreso watching, surfing and getting a feel for the website. I didn't begin selling until much later, when I was able to devote proper time to my creations and sharing them as well.

3) What has Etsy done for you as a crafter?
For one thing, it's shown me that a wide variety of likes both for sellers are buyers, can exist in one place. It's also been a helpful, economical tool enabling me to get started sharing my works with the world. And, it's been a wonderful meeting place for some fellow creative types like me, whom I tend to gravitate toward with much glee.:)

4) Describe your work space.
Ha-ha, that's a funny one. It's basically my entire apartment. Usually between the living room and dinette area, I have all manner of compartments and supplies at the ready in those two main places. I work on tabletop and in my lap as needed, because I simply cannot work unless I am comfortable. My husband is a musician, so between he and I, our apartment is a bustling workplace to be sure!

5) How do you promote your shop and items (online and off)?
Online, I've joined several forum/network/social/photo sharing sites over the past 5 years where my work is shown. I have a few blogs I update, a website and two other shops. Offline, I share my business cards when I ship out my orders, and sometimes share flyers with the occassional coffeeshop.

6) What else do you want people to know about you? It can be ANYTHING.
That I am addicted to variety in my artwork, and that my Etsy store is my surreal side, which I titled,'Dishy Thicket'. My other side, 'Natamonworld', or also known as 'Creatornat', is my fantasy,illustraive & sacred iconography artwork on ebay and Artwanted.com. I vacilate between the two sides, because I crave the variety. Etsy became my surreal/whimsical side somewhat recently, due to the fact that I needed an outlet for that artistic side of me, and I knew it'd be the perfect, ecletic place. Much like some people crave wild, rich spices in their food, I am exactly like that in my art. I have to have several different artistic idea 'pots' simmering, all at once. It makes me very happy to do so. :)

You can also find Natamon at .....
Until next time,
Ally <3

6 comments:

Natalie -- NKP Designs said...

I enjoyed that! Thanks!

erinpetersonart said...

I really like this artist. Thanks for introducing her.

Erin

ingermaaike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ingermaaike said...

Lovely feature on a lovely artist!

Rosebud Collection said...

Very good job and really nice art work..

I Dig This Life said...

Great feature! really love the work :)